Great tracker!! A few suggestions…

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum Feature requests Great tracker!! A few suggestions…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rhino
    Participant

Really enjoying using AT2 – just made all the music in this using it: Beeb-NICCC

I know it’s still very much in production, but I have a few suggestions. Apologies if these have already been addressed or are in the road map.

1. Special paste for flowing notes between other notes. Heard it called ‘porous’ paste before.

2. Arpeggio reverse or randomise command

3. Insert position in song (and move positions around)

4. Have the song filename at the top of the window alongside the title would be useful to see

5. Most important one for me – Transposition by instrument. Milkytracker and one or two other do this. This is especially important when you can’t transpose the channel because notes are interleaved with percussion.

6. Transposition over entire song – another thing that Milkytracker does is to be able to transpose by instrument on the track, pattern or entire song. Very useful!

But I love AT2. Only been using it for a month, but I particularly like the arpeggio system. It’s incredibly powerful and I think helps make better music as well as being fun to use.

Targhan
    Keymaster

Hi,

1) This is called “mix paste” and is already existing. Shift+Ctrl+V (or right click on the pattern, the option will appear).

2) Where? In the Expression panel?

3) Move, yeah, this is a bit awkward… But adding any new pattern in the Linker is done where the cursor is… ?

4) Why not!

5) You can, using the Toolbox (click the small “wrench” at the top-right of the Pattern Viewer), unless I didn’t understand you!

6) Same response!

Rhino
    Participant

Great. A total facepalm moment when I realised I’ve never noticed the wrench before 🙂
    So yes, that solves my biggest issue, thanks.
    And I’d never noticed the mix-paste command either. That’s great.

On point 2, I’m talking about having your instrument already set up with an arpeggio. Or a non-arpeggio instrument triggered with an arpeggio table command. And then at the same time another command would be used to reverse or randomise the arpeggio order.

And maybe some kind of pitch table multiplier command as well for increasing vibrato.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.