[Current version: 2.0.0 (November 2020)]
Arkos Tracker is the ultimate musical tool (or "Tracker") for 8/16-bit computers from the 80's, such as Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, ZX Spectrum, MSX, Oric, Apple 2, Vectrex, and SHARP MZ-700!
Arkos Tracker 2 is the evolution of STarKos (an Amstrad CPC Tracker) and Arkos Tracker 1 (A Windows-only Tracker), but improves them greatly. Some features:
- Cross-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac).
- Manage both standard PSG sound and samples without any distinction!
- Support of AY-3-8912 and YM2149F.
- Unlimited PSG count! You can create standard 3-channel songs, or 6, 9, 32 or more if you want!
- 4 columns of effects per channel, including Arpeggio (via a table or inline value), Pitch, slide, glide, change Arpeggio/Pitch/Instrument speed, etc.
- Import from MIDI, AKS (Arkos Tracker 1), SKS (STarKos), 128 (BSC's Soundtrakker), WYZ (Wyz Tracker), MOD, VT2 (Vortex Tracker 2), CHP (Chip'n'sfx).
- 4 players, from versatile to extremely fast, or slower but less memory-consuming.
- Support of specific hardware: PlayCity (CPC), Spectrum TurboSound, SpecNext, MSX Darky and MSX FPGA (AKY player only).
- Real-time communication with your hardware possible, to listen or compose just like on the real thing!
- Sound effect support, shared among songs.
- ROM players available: no more auto-modifying code, a small buffer is used.
- Exports can be assembly sources or binaries: it makes it easy to integrate the songs in your production.
- Sources can be converted to any assembler.
- Each PSG can have its own frequency (including custom ones).
- Replay rate from 12Hz to 300Hz, or custom.
- A song is composed of sub-songs, all sharing the same instruments. Helps you save even more memory!
All the limitations of past AY/YM trackers are blown to pieces with Arkos Tracker 2!