[JUCE bug] Can’t save or export after i’ve done it once – OSX 10.9

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum Bug reports [JUCE bug] Can’t save or export after i’ve done it once – OSX 10.9

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    crocolive
    Participant

Hi !
    Can’t save or export after my first save

MAC OSX – 10.9.2 (Mavericks)
    Arkos Tracker 2.0.0a1

I create a new song, then edit some silly notes (au clair de la lune 😉 )
    I save it = OK
    I export it (.ym) = OK
    I edit some notes again
    Then i want to save it or export it again but it’s grey in the menu, so i cant’ = NOK
    Have to quit then open my first version of the song

Keep the good work, nice and sweet tracker !

Targhan
    Keymaster

Hi!

I believe I encountered that once on first launch. I exited the app and started it again, and the bug never appeared once again. Tell me if that works with you.

crocolive
    Participant

I believe I encountered that once on first launch. I exited the app and started it again, and the bug never appeared once again. Tell me if that works with you.

Not really. Start app, quit, start app again then edit, then export = “bug”.

It seems that the “killer” of all Save song, Save song as and Export in the menu is the fact of using Export.

Let me detail again

I launch AT2
    I edit a song, i Save song as = OK (all save and export in the menu are working)
    I edit again, then i Save song as again = OK
    I edit again, then i Save song as again = OK
    I edit again, then i Export (as YM) again = OK
    I try to “Save” = NONOK (all save and export are grey and not selectable).

I made all this once more with export as wav, and same result = i can’t save or export anymore.

To me, the guilty is “Export”

If i’m not exporting, this problem is masked and i can use this nice tracker without problem, considering i’m just testing basics features.

Hope this could help !

Once again, nice and great tool
    Bon courage et ne lache rien 😉

Targhan
    Keymaster

Thanks for this clear report, I’ll check that.

sice
    Participant

I have also experienced this. If all the save / menu options are greyed out and not available a workaround seems to be to press the ‘close’ button on the song…then you should get the dialog prompt ‘Do you want to save your file?’. This has saved me a few times when I have worked on a song but some of the menu options are not available.

🙂

sebbert
    Participant

I’m also having the same issue.

I’m running:

• macOS 10.13
    • Arkos v2.0.0a2

Reproduction:

Here’s a video of the bug in action

• Either save as .aks or export using any of the export options
      • When saving the project file, you need to actually save the project to disk to trigger the bug. But for AKR export, it’s enough to bring up the file dialog and press cancel. I have not tried this with the other export options.
    • Every menu item (that is not a submenu) is now disabled (even the help menu)
    sebbert
    Participant

On a side note, may I ask why the source code is not public? I’d love to be able to dig into this myself and submit a patch if I can get it working.

Targhan
    Keymaster

Thanks for your report, I’ll look into this.

As for why the code is not public yet, it is because right now, AT2 is project I want to lead alone, to learn from it as much as I can, at the pace I want, without interference. However, when I deemed the code mature enough, I will release it. But thanks for wanting to help!

sebbert
    Participant

I can absolutely respect that. You have done fantastic work on this tracker, thanks for putting it out there in the first place 🙂

Targhan
    Keymaster

After investigation, it seems this is JUCE related. Summary: modal dialog + file chooser + MacOs menu = bug. I have reported this, but I believe this is low-priority for them.

As a workaround, I guess I will disable the Mac menu for the next version, and simply use a “normal” menu at the top of the application, just like on Windows and Linux. Even though not Mac-friendly, at least it won’t prevent people from using the software. I will enable it again when/if the JUCE corrects this bug.

sebbert
    Participant

Fantastic! Thank you for looking into this 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.