Add comments to a track tooltip?

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum Feature requests Add comments to a track tooltip?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by sice.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sice
    Participant

Hey Targhan,

What do you feel about perhaps having the ability to add some text to an instrument track, that would then appear on hover of the mouse when you are over that track?

The reason I ask is that I often get a bit lost in the song, I can’t remember which track is which and this would help I feel. I could add some text to a track that might say ‘Main melody – build up’ for example.

Thanks,

Sice

Targhan
    Keymaster

Do you mean “over the track”, in the Pattern Viewer? I think it will be messy.

I see two options:
    – I could integrate a color scheme in the tracks, and it would also be visible in the Linker (in the corner of a cell, for example).
    – A tooltip in the Linker cells would be more appropriate for a text. And we could write the text at the top of each track (one line max, but would appear fully when clicked, in a pop-up).

Basically, I’d like this to be non-intrusive, yet visible for those who needs it.

What do you think?

sice
    Participant

I agree, it might make the UI too ‘busy’. Perhaps the option could be available only when toggling an icon for tooltips (perhaps a little triangle in the corner of a cell to indicate a comment is active, like in Excel?). If this becomes too busy then perhaps there is another way…basically it would be cool to tag tracks somehow. Or if there is the ability to save a pattern that could also work as you could give the track a long name.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.