All I see is a black screen!
You probably have a laptop with a crappy video controller. There is still hope for you. AT2 uses OpenGL by default to accelerate the display. You can disable it either via the File > Setup > General menu, but as you can not see it, you can use the command line:
ArkosTracker2 --useOpenGL 0
(yes, there are two “-“. Use 1 instead of 0 to put OpenGL back).
This will probably make the pattern viewer slow, but then, blame your hardware.
There are strange freezes!
See the answer above. You might want to disable OpenGL.
On Linux, loading/saving a file shows a custom file chooser. Can’t I use the one from my OS, which I like?
Yes, it should be default, but some Linux desktops don’t have one (XFCE for example). Please install kdialog or zenith, and their file picker will be automatically used.
I have a high latency on Windows, there is one second between pressing a key and hearing the sound!
This is related to your sound card and/or its drivers. Three possibilities:
- In AT2, go to File>Setup>Audio, and decrease the “audio buffer size” as much as possible.
- If it doesn’t work, try changing the audio device type at the top of the same window.
- Still not better? You will have to install a low-latency driver. A good sound card should allow ASIO (you should have seen it in the audio device type), but if not, install the ASIO4All drivers. Don’t worry, it’s harmless. Once it is done, don’t forget to select this driver still in the audio device type list.
The app crashed!
This is unlikely. Really. However, logs may have been saved. Please copy and paste them to me. They should be found, depending on your platform, on these locations:
- On Windows: c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ArkosTracker2\crashlog.txt
- On Linux: home/<username>/.config/ArkosTracker2/crashlog.txt
- On Mac: ~/Library/Logs/ArkosTracker2/crashlog.txt
On this website, my mouse wheel accelerates too much!
Lee Bee provided more explanations: Adblock Plus settings > Advanced > My filter list > Edit filters > paste the two urls into the box.