Preloading instrument

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    znanarz
    Participant

Hi

I made several instruments, arp/bass/drums (hh,kick,snare,perc)/fx/hard/melody then I thought it could be nice if we could change the instrument while the music run, as a preview of it when just selecting the .aki file (so it doesn’t load it in the tracker) Or maybe right in the instrument list section with some arrows to change the sound. (require a folder selector)

Another idea, I would like to change the color (even just a shade) in the Linker where is the number of the patterns, so I can see where’s the chorus, verse etc.

PS: I like the purple + green theme, it’s perfect for the eyes

Targhan
    Keymaster

The preloading instrument is an interesting feature but indeed, hard to implement seeing how the UI is… The file browser does not allow to add new buttons… And I don’t think I will implement a file browser (would it be useful? Plus it would take room). So I don’t know…

>Another idea, I would like to change the color (even just a shade) in the Linker where is the number of the patterns, so I can see whereโ€™s the chorus, verse etc.

The Linker will be overhauled, not in the next version, but maybe in the next one. I’ll post something about it to get some feedback, but I really want to simplify it, it’s too cumbersome and error-prone in my opinion.

>I like the purple + green theme, itโ€™s perfect for the eyes
    Mmmh, it is the current theme? ๐Ÿ™‚

znanarz
    Participant

It’s what I thought, not easy.
    The idea come from this DAW, @ 00:45

The dialog have the buttons and auto play checkbox, I wonder if it’s not a hand made GUI to mimic a dialog.

DOTT theme ๐Ÿ˜‰

znanarz
    Participant

Targhan
    Keymaster

It seems it may be possible to do with the current file browser, but I’ll have to test that (as it is cross-platform, I’m not sure all the platform will accept this).

>DOTT theme
    I’m sorry, I still don’t get it. Day Of The Tentacle ? ๐Ÿ™‚
    That this means the current theme strains you eyes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.