pro Tracker PT3 export

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    robpearmain
    Participant

Is it possible to export to PT3 format?

Targhan
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, this is not possible and won’t be done. You can import PT3 to finish your songs on AT2. Once you have used AT2, there should be no reason to leave it, unless I have done something wrong with my tracker :). But more seriously, if you have any need for an AT2 feature that Vortex Tracker 2 has, please let me know.

robpearmain
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I only asked as I got hold of some cool ASM for the ZX Spectrum 128k that plays back PT3 format and also Sound FX by muting one channel while the FX plays.

So it would have been useful for me to use the awesome features of AT2 whilst composing and then export as PT3 for playback in a game using the routine I have

Thanks anyway, AT2 is awesome

Rob

Targhan
    Keymaster

Thanks!

So you want to play music and SFX. Are you aware that AT2 can manage both too? You can play FXs on any channel.

robpearmain
    Participant

Do you have the lightweight player demo with sound effects but for SPECTRUM not CPC?

robpearmain
    Participant

Hi

Further to my last post, I can see from the sources and testers you provide how powerful AT2 is and it will do exactly what I want.

However, do you have an example of using the PLAYER with both MUSIC and FX,

I see there is one for CPC in

Arkos Tracker 2 Windows.zip\Arkos Tracker 2\players\playerLightweight\sources\tester

called

PlayerLightweightWithSoundEffectTester_CPC.asm

Do you have a similar example for the Spectrum please?

Thanks

Rob

Targhan
    Keymaster

Well, it works exactly the same way on Spectrum as on CPC. I didn’t do it because… I don’t know how to test the keyboard on Spectrum! Either you do it by yourself from the CPC version (I guess only the keyboard code and its caller has to be modified), or you tell me how to do it. First solution is simpler for me of course :).

robpearmain
    Participant

Hi Targhan

Leave it with me, it will be a good opportunity for me to learn AT2. I will send you the Spectrum code once I have done it so that you can include it if you want

Thanks

Rob

Targhan
    Keymaster

That’s great, thanks. Just take the CPC version of the Music+SFX tester, and change the “read keyboard” method (and adapt its callers, of course). You don’t need to reinvent the wheel :).

robpearmain
    Participant

Hi

So I have struggled a bit to get this all working but got there in the end and its great.

The following example plays 1 of 8 sound fx on the spectrum at regular internvals (every 3 seconds) while music plays

org #8000

di

;Initializes the music.
    ld hl,Music
    xor a ;Subsong 0.
    call PLY_LW_Init

;Initializes the sound effects.
    ld hl,SoundEffects
    call PLY_LW_InitSoundEffects

Sync:

ei
    nop
    halt
    halt

di

ld a,(counter)
    dec a
    dec a
    dec a
    dec a
    ld (counter),a

jr nz,play

ld a,(SelectedSoundEffect)
    inc a
    cp 8
    ld (SelectedSoundEffect),a
    jr nz,play1
    xor a
    ld (SelectedSoundEffect),a

play1
    ld c,1
    ld b,0 ;Full volume.
    call PLY_LW_PlaySoundEffect

play:
    call PLY_LW_Play

jp Sync

ret

SelectedSoundEffect: db 1 ;The selected sound effect (>=1).

KeyboardMaskLine0: db 255
    KeyboardMaskLine1: db 255
    KeyboardMaskLine2: db 255
    KeyboardMaskLine5: db 255
    counter: db 0

Player:
    ;IMPORTANT: enables the sound effects in the player. This must be declared BEFORE the player itself.
    PLY_LW_MANAGE_SOUND_EFFECTS = 1

;Include here the Player Configuration source of the songs and sound effects (you can generate them with AT2 while exporting the them).
    ;If you don't have any, the player will use a default Configuration (full code used), which may not be optimal.
    ;If you have several songs, include all their configuration here, their flags will stack up!
    ;Warning, this must be included BEFORE the player is compiled.
    ;include "../resources/MusicDeadOnTime_playerconfig.asm"
    ;include "../resources/MusicMolusk_playerconfig.asm"
    ;include "../resources/SoundEffectsDeadOnTime_playerconfig.asm"

include "../PlayerLightweight_SPECTRUM.asm"

Music:
    ;Choose a music, or maybe silence?
    include "../resources/MusicDeadOnTime.asm" ;25Hz! Change the flag at the top to 1.
    ;include "../resources/MusicEmpty.asm"
    ;include "../resources/MusicMolusk.asm" ;50Hz! Change the flag at the top to 0.

SoundEffects:
    include "../resources/SoundEffectsDeadOnTime.asm"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.