Playing sound effect in different notes

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum General discussion Playing sound effect in different notes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tulinmola
    Participant

Hi all!

Looking at AKG player documentation only sound effect number, channel and volume are given to sound effect play function. So the note comes from exportedNote. I was wondering if there is a way to play a sound effect in other note than the exportedNote one… Could it be possible? I don’t know, maybe overwriting instrument data itself or some ugly monkey patch.

I’m sure that if this is done in this way for very good reason. In fact, it’s very handy not having to deal with note to play when calling play function. But sometimes it’s cool playing a sound effect in different notes or speeds.

Cheers,
    Tulo

Targhan
    Keymaster

Hi,

The reason you cannot do that is that the sound effect format is some kind of list of period/volume, etc.

What you could do is open the generated sound effect, and change programmatically the various periods. Maybe store the original whole sound effect structure somewhere, and add offsets to the periods in the sound effects… The format structure is in the documentation in the package, if you want to have a better look.

tulinmola
    Participant

Cool. Looked at the sound effect structure. Understood. Thanks!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.