Play an AKY file in Basic on an Amstrad CPC

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum General discussion Play an AKY file in Basic on an Amstrad CPC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    eric_boulat
    Participant

Good evening
    I recently found a mod file with a music I liked, and when I imported it in Arkos Tracker 2 V2.0.0a9 on windows 10, it was successfully converted.

It played nicely on Windows and I was impatient to hear it on a CPC in a locomotive basic program. I had done this a few months ago and that was easy when following this documentation :

Basic (CPC) integration

But when I do the same thing for this song, I have only silence !
    I tried to export the music as AKY instead of AKG with no more luck !
    Maybe it is because the song use sound effects and my previous song didn’t but I don’t know.

Here is the link of this music in AKS format and the DSK I made and tested in winape (And I have checked, the sound volume was ok and even heard the emulated floppy drive sound !).

I’d really appreciate some help for this, I am planning to show this on a stream on twitch and this song sounds great.

eric_boulat
    Participant

I thaught that maybe it cames from the samples, but then I tried to export the song without samples and I also get silence !

Targhan
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is no link to your exported music. Mmmh, you’re talking about MOD and samples… You must be aware that you can NOT play them with the AKG or AKY player. You may use the MOD player, but you have to compile with Rasm first. You can contact me via email if it’s easier to sent files.

lzamu
    Participant

black screen when launching Arkos under windows 7
    help

Targhan
    Keymaster

Does this help you? Seems like right on spot:

Troubleshooting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.