[Fixed 2.0.0] Arpeggio crash

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum Bug reports [Fixed 2.0.0] Arpeggio crash

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    XiA
    Participant

Windows 10 Home, Arkos Tracker v2.0.0a9

Crash (program exits immediately without any error message) when clicking the “insert value” button in the arpeggio editor.

Steps to reproduce:
    # Create new arpeggio, name it “a”
    # Click “insert value” button twice to insert two new steps
    # Enter arp values 1, 2, 3
    # Create new arpeggio, name it “b”
    # Click “insert value” button twice to insert two new steps
    # Enter arp values 1, 2, 3
    (repeat until crash)

Sometimes I can’t even enter my second arpeggio, sometimes I can enter three of them, I have never been able to enter an arpeggio “e”.

On the whole, v2.0.0a9 is really nice, lots of new features since I played with Arkos Tracker last! Good job!

Targhan
    Keymaster

I cannot reproduce at all, either on Windows or Linux.

Can you make a video, or explain exactly what KEYS you pressed? Maybe you’re doing something I don’t :).

XiA
    Participant

When the video starts, I’ve just started a brand new instance of Arkos Tracker 2. The ONLY keypresses I use in the video is to type “a”, “1”, “2”, “3”, and “b”, everything else is done using mouse – not that it seems to matter if I use keyboard or mouse.

As a workaround I have been saving my song to a new file between every arpeggio I enter, and that results in fewer crashes, but obviously the biggest upside is that I don’t lose much work when I *do* get crashes 😎

XiA
    Participant

Happens on ggn’s machine too, Windows 10 Pro, Arkos Tracker v2.0.0a9

XiA
    Participant

Another friend reports crashes using the video above, Win10 Home, Arkos Tracker v2.0.0a9.

XiA
    Participant

(sorry, can’t edit previous posts, if I do, the forum takes me to a different thread)

Same friend reports identical crash on Mac OS X Sierra, same version of AT2.

XiA
    Participant

Targhan: Can I ask, how many arpeggios can you make without crashing? I have never been able to make more than 4, and most of the time, it crashes during the 2nd.

Targhan
    Keymaster

Ahah, I managed to reproduce! I’ll check that, thanks! As I supposed, you’re using the software in a way I never used.

But there is an easy workaround (because I fix the bug of course). It seems this happens because when you don’t validate the edit text before creating a new arpeggio.

When you enter the “3”, press Enter (or the left/right cursor key).

Small hint, I see that you click on the number to modify every time, you can save some time: click on the first number, enter the arpeggio value, then use the right cursor, you can direct enter the next arpeggio value.

XiA
    Participant

Can confirm workaround works great here, thanks!

Targhan
    Keymaster

By the way, instead of using the “insert” icon, you can simply write your arpeggio directly on the “—” item, it will create it directly, then use the right cursor to enter the next arpeggio.

Anyway… Trying to correct this bug, now :).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.