Save an individual track as a file

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum Feature requests Save an individual track as a file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sice
    Participant

Hey Targhan,

I may have suggested this in the CPC Wiki forum…but it would be amazing if you could save a track to a file on your HD. The reason is I often have bursts of inspiration / time but I may only create 1 track that I like, and I would like to save this to a file with a descriptive name e.g. ‘Intro section with hard bass and drum’.

I can imagine this might be fairly tricky to implement because you cannot guarantee the same instruments saved from your track will be in another song if you import it…perhaps it could just import the pattern and you then assign the instruments yourself after? Or it could import the pattern and then it could have a popup that would list the instruments used in that track and you have to assign an existing instrument to it before it completes an import?

Thanks,

Sice

Targhan
    Keymaster

It seems a not-so-simple and not very used feature. One workaround (in a future version): what about copy/pasting a Track from an instance of AT2 to another one?

sice
    Participant

Hey, that would be nice…how about saving a pattern to a file (doesn’t matter about instruments?). Because sometimes I have a nice rhythm I have made in one song and I don’t want to manually re-create it again in another song? Sometimes I am creating new songs but want to somehow copy ideas / rhythmns from one song file to another. Just an idea anyway, perhaps no one else would find this useful. I thought it might be useful if we want to create a CPC remix from a .MOD file for example?

Targhan
    Keymaster

In this case, maybe a “merge songs” would be better? You could indicate what instruments to load, what patterns, and where to insert them (at the beginning, or at the end of the current song).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.