MultiPSG version of AKG player

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum Feature requests MultiPSG version of AKG player

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

The sample support in AKG is non-existent because I didn’t expect anyone to use samples with AKG (AKY would be better), but I don’t understand why you would like a comment list with the frame numbers, you would have to parse it, it would be rather tedious.

However, what you can use is the Raw export. It will export the song in a simple format, with samples. The MOD player (CPC only for now) relies on this format to play samples. I think it could fit your needs.

eric
    Participant

you would have to parse it, it would be rather tedious.

right. In fact I plan to play these samples externally.

Getting the sample data should be doable by parsing exported data, but getting the timestamp of each sample would require, in addition, to compute all the state machine of the player

Maybe this is a specific use case, but I think having timing information for each sample could be useful anyway

Admin
    Keymaster

Really, the RAW export is exactly what you want. It’s binary, but it’s like a simplified format of the music.

One other possibility: you can also modify your music with fake PSG instruments (instead of samples), play the song using the AKG player, and whenever a note is played, store that data in memory somewhere, in a format you describe (note + instrument number + frame counter).

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.