[Fixed v2.0.0a7] Mouseover tip shows only for a split second

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum Bug reports [Fixed v2.0.0a7] Mouseover tip shows only for a split second

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    D-Force
    Participant

When I move my mousecursor over a menu item I only see for split second the text belonging to the item, see video ( https://vimeo.com/269506163 )

D-Force
    Participant

CPU : Intel i5 M430
    Memory : 8GB
    GPU : NVidia GeForce GT 325M
    Used Resolution : 1600 x 900

XiA
    Participant

Can not reproduce here. (Arkos Tracker v2.0.0a3, Windows 10, 64-bit)

But hey Mr P, good to see you here! 🙂

D-Force
    Participant

btw the version I’m using : V2.0.0 alpha 3

I’ll check another computer later this day 🙂 that one uses windows 10

D-Force
    Participant

Win10 version gives nice mouse overs.

Targhan
    Keymaster

This hope will be tough to reproduce… I can’t promise anything sadly!

Targhan
    Keymaster

Here is a test version with a special patch, but I absolutely don’t know if it will change anything. I don’t have much leverage on what the tooltip API allows me to do. Anyway, here you go:
    http://www.julien-nevo.com/ArkosTracker2_testToolTip.zip

Targhan
    Keymaster

If the patch above doesn’t work, I have found someone in the JUCE forum having (maybe) the same problem:
    —–
    On Windows 7, using the “Basic” theme or “Windows Classic” themes causes GL drawing to be over the top of tooltip contents. This bug is not present in Aero Themes like “Windows 7” which correctly draw the tooltip contents on top of the OpenGL content.
    —–

Are you using a “classic” theme, if yes, can you switch to Area theme, as a test? In any case, this is not something I can correct, but I can add it to the troubleshooting section. Another trick would be to disable OpenGL in Arkos Tracker (there is an option for that in the Setup), but may result in lower performance.
    I’m awaiting your answer :).

znanarz
    Participant

They didn’t answered? 🙂
    Win7-64 here, using indeed the very old GUI, classic theme. Disabling OpenGL worked, with some bugs (like a feedback fx of the tip) I’ll enable it again when knowing the tracker better.

Targhan
    Keymaster

No, they didn’t answer :). Tooltip such a dramatically useful feature… Did you test with the file linked above? I won’t lose any sleep over this :).

znanarz
    Participant

No I did that with the last a5 version. But good news, after loading the patched version above, it works perfect with OpenGL enable. So I hope that the next update will correct it 🙂

Targhan
    Keymaster

So you confirm that the patched version corrects the tooltip problem? If yes I’ll integrate the patch on the next version. Thanks!

znanarz
    Participant

Confirmed.

D-Force
    Participant

Sorry for the huge! delay 😀
    I thought we had a discussion that the patch worked and you could incorporate that fix into a near future release (but might have dreamt it 😛 )

Targhan
    Keymaster

No, we didn’t finish the conversation, hence my sentence “I’m awaiting your answer” :).
    Anyway, the patch will be included to the next release.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.