[Fixed v2.0.0a7] "Insert" key on MacOS

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum Bug reports [Fixed v2.0.0a7] "Insert" key on MacOS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There is no “Insert” key on many Apple keyboards. An app exists called “Karabiner” which allows us to create arbitrary key mappings, by specifying for example that Fn+Ctrl+i = <some keycode>. What keycode does Arkos expect for the “Insert” key on MacOS so I can set this up?

This is on High Sierra 10.13.2 with Arkos 2.0.0a1.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I forgot to mention that the “Insert” key I’m talking about is the key one would press to insert a row in the pattern editor.

Targhan
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t exactly know what the Mac expects instead of Insert. I have some trouble on the Mac with some keystrokes that seemed basic to me, but it’s maybe related to the framework I use. However, remember that every command can be modified in Preferences > Keyboard, so I’m sure you’ll be able to set up a key that fit.

Tell me if that’s not the case! Damn multi-platform applications :).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I’m embarrassed. I did not notice that all keys could be reassigned. Awesome! I assigned it to shift-Return. Perhaps this could be the default keybinding for the MacOS version, since I believe shift-Return is used as “Enter” in some apps (and the key is dually labeled Return/Enter). By default, Arkos seems to have that key binding empty under MacOS.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.