[Fixed v2.0.0a4] Bug it Spec Next AKY player

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum Bug reports [Fixed v2.0.0a4] Bug it Spec Next AKY player

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    emook
    Participant

Hi,

In the source of PlayerAky9Channels_SPECNEXT.asm you have

PLY_AKY_PSG1_REGISTER: equ %11011111                        ;Register to select to address the PSG1 later on.
    PLY_AKY_PSG2_REGISTER: equ %11111110                        ;Register to select to address the PSG2 later on.
    PLY_AKY_PSG3_REGISTER: equ %10111101                        ;Register to select to address the PSG3 later on.

This is incorrect, the addresses should be 255,254,253

PLY_AKY_PSG1_REGISTER: equ %11111111                  ;Register to select to address the PSG1 later on.
    PLY_AKY_PSG2_REGISTER: equ %11111110                        ;Register to select to address the PSG2 later on.
    PLY_AKY_PSG3_REGISTER: equ %11111101                        ;Register to select to address the PSG3 later on.

After making the fix LastV8 (Music9Channels.asm) does not have missing channels and sounds perfect.

Thanks

Targhan
    Keymaster

Well, as far as I recall, I tested this on emulator and it works fine. The bit 5 and 6 are used for the stereo, so my values seem correct. Using yours is also correct, but this would make a mono sound.

Did you test on the real hardware or on emulator?

emook
    Participant

Hi!

This is on real HW using latest core, using the default 9ch player some channels are absent, once modified playback works properly.

The Next doesn’t have a mono output – all AY chips have each channels panned L C R in ABC or ACB.

Thanks

Targhan
    Keymaster

Ok, if you checked on hardware, then who am I to argue :). Thanks, I’ll correct this on the next version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.