ASM lightweight Player: Subsongs and looping

What is Arkos Tracker? Forums Arkos Tracker forum General discussion ASM lightweight Player: Subsongs and looping

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robpearmain
    Participant

In the exported ASM

Is there a way to play a sub song so that it doesn’t loop, and is there a way to tell that it’s ended?

Also, can you use the instruments of the song as sound FX so you can INIT sound effects by pointing the instruments in your song?

Thanks

Rob

Targhan
    Keymaster

Songs always loop. However, a simple trick is to create an empty last pattern and loop on it, so that the song sounds endlessly silent at the end.

You can detect the end easily in each player, look at the “linker” part of the source. It is always heavily commented. For example, check the PLY_LW_LinkerPostPt label in the Lightweight player. A few lines below, you have a test about the end of the song. Simply set a flag here or connect your own method to react to the end.

>Also, can you use the instruments of the song as sound FX so you can INIT sound effects by pointing the instruments in your song?

I don’t understand exactly what you mean, but SFXs have a very different structure from the instruments of the songs (even though their source is the same on the editor), so you can not swap them (SFXs are basically a register dump).

robpearmain
    Participant

Songs always loop. However, a simple trick is to create an empty last pattern and loop on it, so that the song sounds endlessly silent at the end.

Ah, excellent, yes good idea. I want to do some cut scenes in my game, end level music etc.

You can detect the end easily in each player, look at the “linker” part of the source. It is always heavily commented. For example, check the PLY_LW_LinkerPostPt label in the Lightweight player. A few lines below, you have a test about the end of the song. Simply set a flag here or connect your own method to react to the end.

Fantastic

>Also, can you use the instruments of the song as sound FX so you can INIT sound effects by pointing the instruments in your song?

I don’t understand exactly what you mean, but SFXs have a very different structure from the instruments of the songs (even though their source is the same on the editor), so you can not swap them (SFXs are basically a register dump).

Yes that answers my question, thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.